The Best Day -- News on My Book

Happy news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The best day. The publisher showed me what my book will look like - full color inside and out, tons of gorgeous photos, many of them taken by me in my garden, very readable, fantastic design. My book will be in Wal-mart and stocked at Costco (both in Utah only) they are going to fight to get it featured in both the Deseret Book and Seagull catalogs. Even better, they want to read my fiction, and they are interested in publishing my book of writing advice, "Avoiding the Collapsing Story" pending actually reading it of course. They are working to schedule me on a national TV show and several local shows, lots of signings. They want the book in stores no later than April 2011 - a busy winter! We'll know for sure next week if the title is going to remain "The Forgotten Skills of Self-Sufficiency of the Mormon Pioneers" but it is likely to stay as is. 

1 comment:

  1. That IS happy news, and you deserve it. I wonder what would have happened without the baby barn owl........?

    ReplyDelete